Very Short Answer Type Questions
- Where did the author planned to do alongwith his friend?
Ans. The author and his friend planned to go for ride on his bicycle.
- Who the author called the right person to shake the bicycle?
Ans. The author called himself the right person to shake his bicycle.
- Which was the toughest part of the bicycle that the author’s friend found the toughest to fix?
Ans. It was the gear-case thát gave the author’s friend the most trouble.
- How the author and his friend spent the entire day?
Ans. The author’s friend dismantled the bicycle parts one-by-one for the entire day and the he spent the entire day fixing them at their place
- Was it right for the author’s friend to dismantle the bicycle?
Ans. The author’s bicycle was in a perfect state there was no use of dismantling its parts by his friend.
Short Answer Type Questions
- How did the author said to encourage his friend to fix the gear-case?
Ans. The author said that it was fascinating to observe his friend working on the bicycle. He called his confidence as cheery and the hopefulness as inexplicable. His friend found these words to be encouraging and started re-fixing the gear-case.
- What happened to the ball bearings?
Ans. Author’s friend unscrewed the ball bearings without informing him. They started rolling on the ground and then they might have lost some of it there. Then the author kept them in his hat which was later blown away by the wind because of which they again lost five of those bearings.
- What was the state of the author’s friend at the last?
Ans. The author’s friend was completely tired because of his struggle with the bicycle. He was soiled with oil and dirt. He found fixing the parts of the bicycle extremely tough and somehow got those parts in place. He called it quits finally claiming that this is enough.
Long Answer Type Questions
- The author didn’t go for the bicycle ride he had planned with his friend why?
Ans. The author and his friend had planned to go for a ride on the bicycle, but the two couldn’t make it. His friend dismantled all the parts of the bicycle one-by-one. He first took out the front wheel and then the ball bearing from it. The chain was his next victim before he finally moved on to the gear-case. It took his friend the entire day to fix these parts back into their place and then he finally left for his home.
- Author’s friend had taken out the parts of the bicycle easily, but he really had tough time fixing them. Explain this with suitable example.
Ans. The author’s friend has taken out the ball bearings from the front wheel without any alarm. He then started fixing the front wheel only to realise latter that he had not put those bearings back into their place. He then moved to the chain.
He first tightened it to an extent that it wasn’t moving and loosened twice its earlier state. The gear-case was the most complicated one. He took it easily, but a tough time fixing it back.
Value Based Questions
- We should not mess up with things that belong to others. Elaborate.
Ans. We should treat things that belongs to others with utmost care. We should treat them even more cautiously than we would have treated our things.
There are many things around us that we consider dear to us. Similarly people are also emotional about their things and we must respect their feelings.
Treating other’s thing’s callously will make them lose their trust on us and they might not lend their things to us again. We should take utmost care while handling things belonging to others and must return them at once when our job is done.
- Friendship is a great relation. We all must treasure our friends. Explain.
Ans. It is great to have friends in life. They add colours to our life. There are many things which we cannot share with our family, but can share with our friends easily.
Our friends help us in our time of need and stand beside us during our thick and thin. We trust them and can rely on them in times of need. We must be helpful and understanding towards our friend and must always be available to render our help to them.